Is that insurance policy appropriate for your client?
In this new podcast, Susan Bruno, CPA/PFS, and Barry Flagg talk about just that. Let’s take a sneak peek into this panel session, at the 2019 Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference at AICPA ENGAGE. Find out:
• How to take a fiduciary approach to insurance planning with your clients
• Tools and strategies that you can use to advise your clients on insurance with their best interest in mind
• Real-life examples and action-oriented takeaways
Subscribe to our podcast channel on iTunes or Pod-o-Matic to catch every episode.
Early bird discount ends soon: register for the Advanced PFP Conference today
Have you registered to attend the Advanced PFP Conference yet? The early-bird discount of $100 is good through 5/1/19, in addition to your $150 discount as a PFP Section member and $300 as an AICPA member.
Highlights from this conference year after year include:
• Top-notch speakers on 5 dedicated tracks including retirement, tax/wealth management, investments, risk management and practice management
• Unparalleled, in-depth content
• Dedicated events designed to help you connect with peers and build new networks
• Enhanced learning with the opportunity to attend sessions from simultaneous conferences (like Advanced Estate and Tax Strategies)
Plus, you can enrich your conference experience by attending a pre-event workshop like:
• Igniting Your Team’s Performance Through Likability Levers or
• Building a Tax and Financial Planning Advisory Business.
View the agenda, pricing information and register today to attend onsite or live online!
Is estate tax reform on the horizon?
Sen. Bernie Sanders introduced legislation on April 4th to establish a progressive estate tax on the wealth of the top 0.2% of Americans and significantly increase rates on billionaires. In this new podcast, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS, interviews Jonathan Blattmachr and Professor Mitchells Gans, who answer the questions:
• What impact would the For the 99.8% Act have on estate, gift, and generations skipping transfer tax exemptions?
• What strategies should you consider now to best serve your clients?
New Broadridge video looks at student loan debt
Outstanding student loan debt in the United States is currently estimated at over $16 trillion -- a figure that includes both federal and private student loans. But it's not just students who are borrowing. Parents are borrowing, too. Learn more in this new video.
IRS issues annual list of tax scams
The IRS recently issued its annual list of tax scams, highlighting various scams that taxpayers may encounter. Now is a good time to remind your clients to use caution and avoid becoming victims of fraudulent tax schemes using materials found in this new Broadridge Advisor alert.
Broadridge advisor training May 1
We will be offering a demonstration on the Broadridge Advisor tool on May 1 from 2-3pm ET. This is a one time event and spaces are available on a first-come first-serve basis. If you are interested in attending, please email our team at email@example.com. If you cannot attend the session live, we will publish a recording shortly after the event on our website for viewing at your convenience. You can also watch this short video series which provides a nice overview of the tool and features.
IRS issues Section 199A FAQs
Recently, the IRS issued FAQs on Section 199A, the qualified business income deduction for pass-through businesses. You can access the FAQs here. Be sure to refer to the Tax Reform Quick Reference Guide and the Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit for more information on 199A and other TCJA-related topics.
Bob Veres media reviews: company plan distributions, firm growth
Save time and stay ahead of the curve by reading Bob’s write-ups of articles in the April issues of Financial Planning Magazine and Investment Advisor like:
• “Legal, but Unavailable” (distributions from company plans) by Ed Slott
• “How My Unconventional Hires Led to Growth” by Allan Boomer
• “The Risk Warrior” (diversification) by Janet Levaux
• “The Growth Dilemma” (firm growth) by Mark Tibergien
Beneficiaries, investment terminology and working with a financial professional
Broadridge Advisor just announced the addition of 8 new resources. Use these pieces (and access the 3,000 others found in Broadridge) to talk to your clients and prospects about planning tips and important financial topics. The new content can be accessed in this advisor alert.
Your business as a retirement asset
In this new podcast, Michael Goodman, CPA/PFS, interviews David Grau, president & founder of FP Transitions, who shares the ABCs of succession planning.
New Broadridge alert looks at Fed’s March meeting outcome
The Federal Open Market Committee signaled a definite hiatus in its policy of raising interest rates and tightening the money supply in the most recent meeting. This new Client Alert looks at the reasoning behind the Fed's actions, how markets reacted to the announcement, and what the change says about the direction of the U.S. economy.