Inside Information Newsletter
DISCLAIMER: This document has not been approved, disapproved, or otherwise acted upon by any senior technical committees, and does not represent an official position of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It is distributed with the understanding that the contributing authors and editors, and the publisher, are not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Note: Access to Inside Information is a benefit of PFP/PFS membership, which is an individual membership. If your peers would like access to this newsletter service, they can either purchase directly from Bob Veres or sign up for PFP membership.
February 2018 In this issue…
- The Chemistry of Better Conversations: Focus on relationship before task (or advice), listen to connect, and try to avoid providing solutions before you’ve given the client a chance to feel heard.
- The Profession: From her remote work with clients to her recommendations, Kim Butler has created a path less traveled in the profession.
- Client Services: Touchstone Pathway represents a client exploration toolkit that goes far beyond the sit-down initial interview process.
- Parting Thoughts: Here's one way to drive the misleading "feebased" terminology out of the profession altogether.
January 2018 In this issue:
- A 2-year program that helps G2 successors become leaders and think like owners
- How one advisor is saving his clients thousands of dollars by focusing on their health insurance and Part D drug costs
- Should we let the brokerage firms rewrite fiduciary or just hold them to some title restrictions?