Inside Information Newsletter
DISCLAIMER: This document has not been approved, disapproved, or otherwise acted upon by any senior technical committees, and does not represent an official position of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It is distributed with the understanding that the contributing authors and editors, and the publisher, are not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Note: Access to Inside Information is a benefit of PFP/PFS membership, which is an individual membership. If your peers would like access to this newsletter service, they can either purchase directly from Bob Veres or sign up for PFP membership.
- Marketing for Hire: A remarkable number of marketing resources are now available in the advisor ecosystem.
March 2020 In this issue...
- Tech Extravaganza: The T3 Advisor conference in San Diego offered an early look at some trends—and a lot of new solutions.
- Practice Management: Here are some of the compliance outsource options that Inside Information readers are recommending.
- Conferences: Highlights from the recent NAPFA Large Firm Forum; thoughts about 'people' issues.
- Parting Thoughts: Some hard truths about you and your services that you will instantly recognize to be true.
February 2020 In this issue…
- Solutions, Not Products: Advisors who think all insurance products (especially including annuities) are a scam might want to take a look at how the industry is trying to meet their standards.
- The Profession: Notes and nuggets from the AICPA PFP Summit.
- Practice Management: SEI has quietly introduced an independent custodial platform for advisory firms.
- Parting Thoughts: Despite the recent custodial merger, the fintech space seems to be healthier than ever.
January 2020 In this issue…
- First Thoughts on The Acquisition: The two largest institutional custodians are joining forces. What does that mean for the profession, and
- what are the options for advisors looking elsewhere?
- The Profession: What do we really know about the culture of TDAI advisors' next custodial firm?
- Practice Management: Introducing an automated onboarding system (really).
- Client Services: An out-of-the box way to deal with the SECURE Act.
- Parting Thoughts: My fearless predictions for the profession's next decade.