CPA/PFS Credential Holders
Thank you for becoming a PFS™ credential holder. Refer to this page to reference all that comes with your credential holder status and links to get started using important exclusive benefits.
Access tools to help expand your practice and increase your revenue opportunities.
- Business Development/Marketing Toolkit — Have access to the toolkit with media tips and resources, logos, a sample press release and current PFS marketing activity. Access the toolkit >>
- Media Opportunities — Participate in media and public relations opportunities, such as radio and television interviews, periodic media training, and writing and speaking opportunities. Review media opportunities >>
- Find a CPA/PFS Directory — A web resource for consumers to learn about the value of the CPA/PFS credential and locate local CPA/PFS credential holders. You will be added to the directory once you become a PFS. Search directory >>
- FINRA Series 65 Exam Waiver — When you apply for the Series 65 license if licensed, the required Form ADV Part 2B descriptions are provided for the CPA and CPA/PFS. Learn more >>
- CPA/PFS Logo — Download logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field. Download logos >>
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions for CPA/PFS credential holders. Review FAQs >>
RecertificationRecertification is required annually as of January 2017. When you pay your credential dues, you are attesting to meeting the following requirements (and will be subject to potential audit):
- Maintained membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Maintained a valid, unrevoked CPA permit, certificate, or license issued by a legally constituted state authority, and which is in active status.
- Completed 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) within the credential body of knowledge annually:
- Continuing professional development may include structured learning activities approved by NASBA or a legally constituted state authority, or other professional body; or unstructured learning activities as outlined by the AICPA
- Unstructured learning activities may constitute up to 50% (10 hours annually) of a credential holder’s CPD to meet credential renewal requirements
- Attested that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be rescinded and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.