This episode is dedicated in loving memory of Gypsy, Salvini Financial Planning’s Happiness Advisor.
2/3rds of American household’s own pets and most consider them a cherished member of their family. Every year, countless animals end up homeless because plans have not been made for their care. In this episode of the PFP Section podcast, you will hear from animal lovers and experts Brooke Salvini, CPA/PFS and AJ Fudge, JD, as they discuss the following issues:
- How to incorporate pet care into estate planning documents
- What to think about with pet insurance and emergency planning
- Who to consider as referral sources for specialized expertise?
- Why the pandemic has heightened the need for pet planning
Access resources related to this podcast: Note: If you’re using a podcast app that does not hyperlink to the resources, visit http://pfplanning.libsyn.com/ to access show notes with direct links.
- Book: Petriarch: The Complete Guide to Financial and Legal Planning for a Pet’s Continued Care
- Book: A Life of Love: Mandatory Reading for Animal Owners
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Also, by the CPA/PFS credential program, which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community, gain access to valuable member-only benefits or learn about our PFP certificate program.
Subscribe to the PFP Podcast channel at Libsyn to find all the latest episodes or search “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on your favorite podcast app.