With Senate election results unknown until January 5th, the likelihood of Biden’s tax proposals gaining traction will be uncertain until early next year. In this episode of the PFP Section podcast, Paul Lee, J.D., LLM and Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS answer the following questions:
- What is Biden’s capital gains proposal and who will it impact?
- If the tax law changes, when could it take effect?
- Should you encourage clients to accelerate gains into 2020?
- What planning strategies will work best if the proposal becomes law?
Access resources related to this podcast:
- Register for Bob’s year-end planning webcast taking place on November 23rd
- Podcasts and webcasts to guide you with planning ahead for your clients
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Also, by the CPA/PFS Credential program, which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community, gain access to valuable member-only benefits or learn about our PFP certificate program.