The potential for imminent estate tax law changes coupled with a low interest rate environment makes this an opportune time to transfer wealth. Bob Keebler goes in-depth with responding to the following questions that will help you help your clients:
- Why do you need to start educating clients now about how to protect their estate and gift tax exemption?
- What is the most powerful transaction you can use to transfer wealth right now and how does this compare to a GRAT?
- How do you balance bet to live and bet to die strategies?
- When are dynasty trusts, private annuities, and split-dollar life insurance effective planning strategies?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Slides that accompany this video podcast
- The Proactive Planning Toolkit - www.aicpa.org/pfp/proactiveplanning
- The Adviser’s Guide to Financial and Estate Planning - www.aicpa.org/pfpguides
- Other estate planning resources like Steve Oshin’s planning charts at www.aicpa.org/pfp/estate
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section (www.aicpa.org/pfp), the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential (www.aicpa.org/pfs) program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.