With the first wave of baby boomers turning 75 and 6 million Americans impacted by Alzheimer’s disease, it is important to understand the physical, mental, and financial nuances. As a CPA financial planner, you can give your aging clients and their families peace of mind as they embark on this daunting journey. In this episode, Julie Papievis will guide you to help your clients by answering the following questions:
- What is Alzheimer’s disease and its pathology and progression?
- How do you create a Care Budget and a Care Balance Sheet as part of your client’s financial plan?
- What skills will help you bring value to your newly diagnosed client and their family?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Read the write-up created by Jim Sullivan, CPA/PFS, that accompanies this podcast.
- Visit the Alzheimer’s Association at www.alz.org.
- Find the Adviser’s Guide to Retirement and Elder Planning at www.aicpa.org/pfpguides.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section (www.aicpa.org/pfp), the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential (www.aicpa.org/pfs) program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.