The emotions underlying decisions can create confusion in times of major transition like the pandemic. In this podcast, you will walk away with gems to help you have better conversations with your clients that lead to action with purpose. Tune in as Lyle Benson interviews life transition expert Susan Bradley:
- What are the four stages of transition and how you can you support your clients through each?
- What are the most effective questions to help clients discover their purpose? And what question might you want to avoid?
- Why is having a structured conversation so important and what tools can help facilitate?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Diagrams highlighting the four stages of transition and the personal and technical side of money
- Purpose, method, outcome (PMO) worksheet to structure and facilitate conversations with clients
- Broadridge Advisor’s Life Events Resource Center (available for PFP Section members)
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section (www.aicpa.org/pfp), the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential (www.aicpa.org/pfs) program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.