Losing money or property to fraud can be devastating. While scammers’ exploitation tactics are familiar, the pandemic may lead to an increased likelihood that your clients will fall for them. In this episode, learn about coronavirus specific fraudulent schemes that you can share with your clients.
Erin Scheithe with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau answers questions to help you protect your clients:
- Who is the target of coronavirus-related scams?
- What are the red flags you should look for?
- Who should you turn to if one of your clients has been scammed?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s coronavirus and older adult resources
- Content for financial planning professionals
- Content for forensic professionals
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section (www.aicpa.org/pfp), the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential (www.aicpa.org/pfs) program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.