Clients 65+ and those with certain medical conditions are at higher risk for contracting COVID-19. If they are affected by the virus, you can help them understand their increased Medicare benefits put in place by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. In this episode, learn from Jim Sullivan, CPA/PFS, as he answers questions about the changes to Medicare benefits like:
- What testing and treatment does Medicare cover for COVID-19?
- How have telemedicine services been expanded?
- If a vaccine is approved, will it be covered by Medicare?
- How have the special rules for Medicare coverage for a skilled nursing facility changed?
- Can beneficiaries obtain extended supplies of prescription medications?
- What if out-of-network care is needed?
- What to consider with Medicare Advantage plans?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Read Jim’s write-up that accompanies this podcast here.
- Find out more about what services are covered: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage
- Access The Adviser’s Guide to Retirement and Elder Planning: https://www.aicpa.org/pfpguides
- Visit https://www.aicpa.org/pfp/covid19 to find resources and information about planning during the pandemic.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section (www.aicpa.org/pfp), the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential (www.aicpa.org/pfs) program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.