In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Congress has passed the anticipated Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (H.R. 748) to bring the resources of the federal government to protect the health and well-being of Americans. Join Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS, and Chris Hesse, CPA and chair of the AICPA Tax Executive Committee, as they discuss AICPA advocacy for the profession and some of the key provisions to help you connect the dots with your clients who own businesses such as:
- The payroll protection program, including who qualifies, where clients can get these non-recourse loans, what is covered, and the limits
- Loan forgiveness specifics and considerations for s-corporations and partnerships
- Employee retention credit and the interplay with loan forgiveness
- Deferral of employer portion of FICA tax and the interplay with borrowing
- Loosened provisions around net operating losses and quick refunds going back as far as 2018
- And more
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Visit aicpa.org/pfp/covid19 for financial planning resources such as client-facing resources to put market volatility in perspective and planning strategies for your clients.
- Visit aicpa.org/covid19tax for tax resources such as client letters, tax impacts of COVID-19, and IRS guidance
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.