In this episode, recorded at the close of markets on February 28th, Lyle Benson, CPA/PFS, and Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS, discuss:
- How to communicate with clients during this uncertain time to bring them peace of mind and keep them focused on the long-term perspective and purpose of their investment strategy
- Income and estate planning techniques that work well in a volatile market and low interest rate environment, including Roth conversations, gain/loss harvesting, funding GRATs, IDGT sales, and more
- Other considerations such as alternative valuation dates for estates and life insurance reviews
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Access supplemental presentation
- Use this Broadridge client alert to help clients understand the potential global economic impact and the recent US stock market pull back.
- Visit Broadridge Advisor and search “market volatility” to find other client-friendly resources.
- Read this example of a communication to help keep clients calm, written by Chris Benson, CPA/PFS.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.