Now that the SECURE Act is in effect, you need to know how this impacts your clients’ financial plans and what you can do to best serve them. In this episode, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS will discuss practical knowledge and solutions that will help you best serve your clients:
- What are the 5 eligible beneficiary exceptions under the provisions of the SECURE Act?
- What solutions using trusts should you analyze to help your clients?
- What does this mean for your clients in 2020 and beyond?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- H.R.1994 - Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act of 2019
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit, including charts from Bob Keebler
- Demonstrate your competency in personal financial planning with the CPA/PFS credential or the PFP certificate program.
Don’t miss other SECURE Act podcasts!
- SECURE Act: Practical Solutions for your Clients (12/17/2019)
- Eligible Beneficiary Exception (1/10/2020)
- IRAs payable to trusts (1/17/2020)
- IRAs payable to conduit trusts (1/24/2020)
- Mathematics of estate planning for IRAs (1/31/2020)
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients.