In T.D. 9884, the IRS finalized proposed regulations issued in November 2018 (REG-106706-18), amending Regs. Sec. 20.2010-1 to conform with the temporary increase in the basic exclusion amount for estate and gift tax enacted by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. In this episode, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS will discuss practical knowledge that will help best serve your clients:
- What is the basic exclusion amount (BEA) and supplemental BEA?
- What are some examples showing the computation?
- What does this mean for your clients?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- IRS final regulations to update the life expectancy and distribution period tables
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit, including charts from Bob Keebler
- The Adviser’s Guide to Financial & Estate Planning
- Demonstrate your competency in personal financial planning with the CPA/PFS credential or the PFP certificate program.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.