Guest: Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS
The SECURE Act passes as part of a spending package and is expected to be signed into law by the President before the end of the year to avoid a government shutdown. In this episode, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS will discuss practical knowledge and solutions that will help you best serve your clients:
- What are the important provisions of the SECURE Act that you need to know?
- What are the most urgent issues to address with your clients?
- What other solutions should you analyze to help your clients?
- What new “traps” should you look out for?
- What does this mean for your clients in 2020 and beyond?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- H.R.1994 - Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act of 2019
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit, including charts from Bob Keebler
- Demonstrate your competency in personal financial planning with the CPA/PFS credential or the PFP certificate program.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.