After nearly 20 years since the current set of life expectancy tables were released by the IRS, the IRS released proposed regulations to update these tables for an increase in the average lifespan. In this episode, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS will discuss practical knowledge that will help best serve your clients:
- What are the changes you need to know about?
- What is the impact on lifetime RMDs?
- What are the transitional rules?
- When do they become effective?
- What are the tax issues to consider?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- IRS proposed regulations to update the life expectancy and distribution period tables
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit, including charts from Bob Keebler
- The Adviser’s Guide to Financial & Estate Planning
- Demonstrate your competency in personal financial planning with the CPA/PFS credential or the PFP certificate program.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.