It’s Estate Planning Awareness Week! And even though the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act doesn’t feel new, its effects are still being felt in many areas of your clients’ financial lives, including their estates. Clients may not know the impact of new and proposed rules on their estate, so now is the perfect time to talk with them about their plan. In this podcast, Lisa Featherngill, CPA/PFS will teach you:
- How to connect the dots with your clients’ taxes, financial goals and estate plan
- How to broach the subject with your clients, including qualitative and quantities aspects to consider
- What to look for in your clients’ estate plans to make sure it’s aligned with their wishes and integrated with their financial plan
- Actionable steps you can take now to get the conversation and planning process started with your clients
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Broadridge Advisor’s Women’s resource center (free access to PFP/PFS members) includes extensive-content written by CPAs, attorneys and other experts on planning strategies, new relevant laws, etc. that are articulated in client terms.
- The Adviser’s Guide to Financial & Estate Planning
- Demonstrate your competency in estate planning with the CPA/PFS credential or the estate planning certificate program.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – you can hear our podcasts online anywhere via your web browser, no podcast app required. Just search for “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on any Apple, Android or Windows device.