In this episode, Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS discusses the impact of taxes on financing retirement healthcare and answers the questions:
- What are the major tax considerations CPA financial planners should take into account when advising clients on financing retirement healthcare?
- What are some special tax considerations with Medicare?
- What about long-term care and how to pay for it?
- How can CPA financial planners help their clients navigate the overwhelming experience of finding suitable care and managing the related finances?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Financial Planning & Tax Services hub at aicpa.org/growadvisoryservices
- Retirement planning certificate, part of the PFP certificate program
- Demonstrate your competence and confidence with the CPA/PFS credential!
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – you can hear our podcasts online anywhere via your web browser, no podcast app required. Just search for “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on any Apple, Android or Windows device.