In this episode, Ellen Bruno, CPA/PFS walks through the regulation best interest, Form CRS and the standard of conduct for investment advisers. She answers the questions:
- What does the term solely incidental mean? What is the impact on dually-registered investment advisers?
- What is the RIA fiduciary duty?
- What is the customer relationship summary? And what are the compliance requirements?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Slides from this podcast
- The CPA’s Guide to Investment Advisory Business Models
- Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services
- SEC Regulation Best Interest: The Broker-Dealer Standard of Conduct
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – you can hear our podcasts online anywhere via your web browser, no podcast app required. Just search for “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on any Apple, Android or Windows device