In this episode, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS interviews Bob Gordon of Twenty-First Securities Corporation about the planning strategies in an ultra-low interest rate environment. He answers the questions:
- What are the unique investment opportunities when interest rates are very low?
- What special election can taxpayers make to reduce taxable income with bond premiums?
- What tax arbitrage opportunities exist when rates are low?
- What does it mean to have negative interest rates?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Broadridge Advisor’s client alerts on market volatility (free access to PFP/PFS members) includes extensive-content written by CPAs, attorneys and other experts on planning strategies, new relevant laws, etc. that are articulated in client terms.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – you can hear our podcasts online anywhere via your web browser, no podcast app required. Just search for “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on any Apple, Android or Windows device.