In this episode, Susan Tillery, CPA/PFS & Tom Tillery, CFP® discuss the impact of taxes on risk management and insurance and answers the questions:
- What are the tax considerations practitioners should take into account when advising clients on the use of insurance contracts?
- What tax nuances come into play when looking at the type and the amount of insurance coverage that is the most applicable based on your client’s facts and circumstances?
- What are some effective strategies for protecting your clients and their businesses should there be an adverse event?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Planning & Tax Advisory Services hub at aicpa.org/growadvisoryservices
- Risk management & insurance planning certificate, part of the PFP certificate program
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at https://www.aicpa.org/interestareas/personalfinancialplanning.html to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – you can hear our podcasts online anywhere via your web browser, no podcast app required. Just search for “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on any Apple, Android or Windows device.