In this episode, Matt Rosenberg, CPA/PFS discusses the impact of taxes on investment planning and answers the questions:
- What are the major tax considerations practitioners should take into account when providing investment advice?
- When do capital gains need to be carefully considered?
- How do investment losses best serve a good tax plan?
- How important is asset location?
- Is timing a major consideration with investment changes?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Planning & Tax Advisory Services hub at aicpa.org/growadvisoryservices
- Investment planning certificate, part of the PFP certificate program
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.