In this episode, Michael Goodman, CPA/PFS interviews David Grau, president & founder of FP Transitions, who shares the ABCs of succession planning. He answers the questions:
- What exactly is a succession plan?
- Why is a succession plan important? Does everyone need to have one?
- How much time do you need to create a successful succession plan?
- What’s the first thing you should consider when planning for succession?
- What if the plan fails?
Access the related resource from this podcast:
- Succession Planning for Financial Advisors: Building an Enduring Business by David Grau
- Practice management tools and resources from AICPA PFP Section
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.