On January 18th, the IRS released the highly-anticipated final regulations on Section 199A for the qualified business income deduction for pass-through entities. In this podcast, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS interviews Nick Passini, CPA about the reality of tax season and Section 199A qualified business income deduction. Find out:
- What is the most surprising challenge of 199A during tax season?
- What questions are clients asking and how could you respond?
- When should a client get an opinion letter vs. making a disclosure?
- What real estate activities rise to the level of a trade or business?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit
- AICPA Tax Reform Resource Center
- Broadridge Advisor (free access to PFP/PFS members) includes extensive-content written by CPAs, attorneys and other experts on planning strategies, new relevant laws, etc. that are articulated in client terms.
- RSM article: Comparing the final and proposed regulations under Section 199A
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.