On August 8, the IRS released the highly-anticipated proposed regulations on Section 199A for the qualified business income deduction for pass-through entities. In this podcast, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS provides insight into advanced financial and tax planning opportunities under IRC Section 199A, including:
- Which businesses to aggregate and when
- How aggregation is different than grouping
- What are the “crack & pack” strategies and why they have gone by the wayside
- Whether you should make S-corp elections and pay wages
- How to create disregarded entities to create pure QBI
- Resetting basis under IRC Section 1014 at death
- Trust planning and estate administration
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit
- AICPA Tax Reform Resource Center
- Broadridge Advisor (free access to PFP/PFS members) includes extensive-content written by CPAs, attorneys and other experts on planning strategies, new relevant laws, etc. that are articulated in client terms.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Visit us online at aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.