In this episode, CPAs and financial planners share their experiences with the retainer fee model for their personal financial planning practices.
- What is the retainer model? Why did they choose this fee-only model for their practice?
- Is this model right for your practice?
- How has it contributed to client satisfaction and client retention?
- How can you transition tax clients to the retainer model?
- If you’re considering adding or expanding into planning & tax advisory services, how can you leverage this model to best serve your clients?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- AICPA’s Planning & Tax Advisory Services hub
- Roadmap to Planning & Tax Advisory Services
- The Financial Planners’ Retainer: A Reflection of Real Value (free whitepaper from ACP)
- Alliance of Comprehensive Planners website.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.