On January 18th, the IRS released the highly-anticipated final regulations on Section 199A for the qualified business income deduction for pass-through entities. In this podcast, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS interviews Ed Slott, CPA who covers the intersection of Section 199A qualified business income deduction and retirement plan benefits. Find out:
- What is the calculation of the retirement plan deduction in the context of Section 199A?
- How can a Roth conversion reduce your income tax liability?
- What is the one tool you can use for specified service business client who is close to the qualified business income deduction threshold?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit
- AICPA Tax Reform Resource Center
- Broadridge Advisor (free access to PFP/PFS members) includes extensive-content written by CPAs, attorneys and other experts on planning strategies, new relevant laws, etc. that are articulated in client terms.
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.