In an environment of risk of litigation from financial, judgment and matrimonial creditors, taking steps to protect one’s assets should be an essential part of planning. In this webcast, Steve Siegel will address what can be done to meet a client’s reasonable needs – from some of the most basic forms of asset protection to the more sophisticated. You will learn a wide variety of asset protection techniques, including the following:
- What is asset protection planning – who needs it?
- Traditional forms of asset protection, including transfers to spouse, exemption planning, retirement plans and IRAs, life insurance and annuities, irrevocable trusts, and more
- Spendthrift trusts and exception creditors
- Domestic asset protection trusts
- Foreign asset protection trusts