When a client is threatened or becomes a victim of financial fraud or abuse, turning to a trusted adviser – their CPA – is one of the smartest decisions they can make.
In this webcast from the AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) and Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Sections, expert CPAs share advice on how to protect your clients from this abuse, including:
- Common scenarios or schemes that abusers use to target their victims
- How vulnerable victims are identified and targeted
- What the “villains” look like (criminal, family, and home health aides)
- Red flags to look and listen for when working with your clients
- Practical steps to take with your client to identify if abuse is occurring and how to proactively protect the abuse from happening