To maintain the qualifications of a team captain or of a review captain, you should participate in one of the following peer review training options within twelve months prior to the commencement of a review. Peer review training options include:
1. Attending the general session of the Annual Peer Review Conference.
2. Completing the AICPA Peer Review Update on-demand self-study course. This course is an advanced reviewer training course that will be updated annually and cover recent changes to peer review guidance in addition to how recent changes in auditing or accounting standards impact peer review. This course will contain a final exam that is designed to meet the NASBA CPE Standards.
3. Attend an alternative course or conference session that has been approved by the Peer Review Board. For purposes of the ongoing training requirement, these alternative courses and conference sessions will be selected by the AICPA Peer Review Board. The Board will not consider courses submitted by reviewers seeking consideration for an alternative course of their choosing. The approved alternative conference session for 2018 is below.
Attend the Peer Review Update Part 1 and Part 2 via the AICPA Professional Impact Track at AICPA Engage 2018. Register for ENGAGE.
4. Participate in the AICPA Peer Review Update live seminar course. This course is an advanced reviewer training course that will be updated annually and cover recent changes to peer review guidance in addition to other key areas of the peer review process that warrant additional emphasis.
5. Participate in the AICPA Peer Review Advanced Course live seminar course. This one-day course is designed for experienced reviewers who want to heighten their peer review skills. It contains an analysis of the latest AICPA Peer Review Program Standards as well as materials focused on the areas of peer review guidance which reviewers find the most problematic.