To maintain the qualifications of a team captain or of a review captain, you should participate in one of the following peer review training options within twelve months prior to the commencement of a review. Peer review training options include:
1. Attending the general session of the Annual Peer Review Conference. Save the Date – the 2020 Peer Review Conference will be held from August 3-5, 2020 at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
2. Completing the AICPA Peer Review Update on-demand self-study course. This course is an advanced reviewer training course that will be updated annually and cover recent changes to peer review guidance in addition to how recent changes in auditing or accounting standards impact peer review. This course will contain a final exam that is designed to meet the NASBA CPE Standards.
3. Attend an alternative course or conference session that has been approved by the Peer Review Board. For purposes of the ongoing training requirement, these alternative courses and conference sessions will be selected by the AICPA Peer Review Board. The Board will not consider courses submitted by reviewers seeking consideration for an alternative course of their choosing.
- Conference – AICPA Engage Conference
- Date – June 7-11, 2020
- Sessions – Please check back for the specific date and time.