Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Peer Reviewers
Qualifications and Training Requirements for Peer Reviewers
The Peer Review Board approved changes to reviewer qualifications for reviews that commence on or after December 31, 2015 and approved changes to reviewer training requirements for reviews that commence on or after May 1, 2016.
Current reviewer qualifications are described on the How To Become a Peer Reviewer page.
For details on the new training requirements, see the Peer Review Training section below.
Peer Review Training
The peer review training requirements and the criteria for demonstrating proficiency in the standards, interpretations, and guidance of the program is established from time to time by the AICPA Peer Review Board (Board). Follow the links below to view those criteria and training courses which have been approved by the Board.
In order to meet the requirement to possess current knowledge of professional standards applicable to the kind of practice to be reviewed, including quality control and peer review standards, all peer reviewers should:
- Obtain at least 40% of the AICPA required CPE in subjects relating to accounting, auditing, and quality control. Peer reviewers should obtain at least 8 hours in any 1 year and 48 hours every 3 years.
Download the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the new Education Framework for Peer Reviewers
Annual Peer Review Conference
- Download the 2018 Administrators’ Session Agenda or the Optional/General Session Agenda.
- If you attended the 2018 conference, please use the link sent from AICPA Conferences.com Support via email to access the conference materials. If you did not attend the conference, you can download the conference cases and solutions for System Reviews and Engagement Reviews.
Peer Review Webinars
- Attend one of three options for the Risk Assessment for Peer Reviewers Webinar:
- Save the Date for 2018 RAB Member Training on November 15, 2018 from 2-4pm ET.
- Access the slides from the 2017 RAB Member Training webinar held on December 13, 2017.
- Questions about recent changes to Peer Review? Access the free archive on Enhancing Audit Quality and Peer Review to get answers to your questions from Peer Review Board members and hear insights into the PRB's plans to enhance audit quality. (Please note: this webcast does not count toward the annual reviewer training requirement).
- You may want to refer your peer review clients to the Are You Ready For Your Peer Review? webinar on October 16, 2018 from 2-4pm ET.
- Archived Webinar