Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Peer Reviewers
Qualifications and Training Requirements for Peer Reviewers
The Peer Review Board approved changes to reviewer qualifications for reviews that commence on or after December 31, 2015 and approved changes to reviewer training requirements for reviews that commence on or after May 1, 2016.
Current reviewer qualifications are described on the How To Become a Peer Reviewer page.
For details on the new training requirements, see the Peer Review Training section below.
Peer Review Training
The peer review training requirements and the criteria for demonstrating proficiency in the standards, interpretations, and guidance of the program is established from time to time by the AICPA Peer Review Board (Board). Follow the links below to view those criteria and training courses which have been approved by the Board.
In order to meet the requirement to possess current knowledge of professional standards applicable to the kind of practice to be reviewed, including quality control and peer review standards, all peer reviewers should:
- Obtain at least 40% of the AICPA required CPE in subjects relating to accounting, auditing, and quality control. Peer reviewers should obtain at least 8 hours in any 1 year and 48 hours every 3 years.
Download the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the new Education Framework for Peer Reviewers
Annual Peer Review Conference
- Download a PDF file of the most frequently asked questions throughout the 2019 AICPA Peer Review Conference.
- Access the 2019 Peer Review Conference Case Studies and Solutions for System Reviews and Engagement Reviews.
- Save the Date – the 2020 Peer Review Conference will be held from August 3-5, 2020 at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark.
Peer Review Webcasts
- Familiarize yourself with recent changes in peer review guidance related to engagements of brokers and dealers in securities by attending AICPA Peer Review Must-Select Industry Update: Brokers and Dealers in Securities webcast to be held on May 12, 10:30-11:30am ET.
- Prepare for your next peer review by attending the Are You Ready for Your Peer Review? webcast to be held on May 13, 1-4pm ET.
- Access archived webcasts covering various peer review-related topics, updates and trainings.