What is the AICPA Not-for-Profit Section?
The AICPA's Not-for-Profit Section is a centralized resource developed to support not-for-profits (NFPs) and the professionals who serve NFPs. The section produces and delivers information, tools, and resources that facilitate timely compliance with standards and regulations, promote the excellence of our members as leaders in the NFP sector, and serve as a hub for peer-to-peer learning and information sharing.
Who is the Section for?
- Managers, leaders and board members of NFPs
- CPAs with an interest in the NFP sector
How can I join the Not-for-Profit Section?
Current AICPA members in the following categories are eligible to join the Section and access the high quality, comprehensive resources provided: Regular Voting; Associate; International Associate; and Non-CPA Associate.
I am not a CPA, but I work for or with a not-for-profit that could benefit from the Section. How can I join the Section?
In an effort to better serve the NFP community, the AICPA’s governing Council voted to broaden Section membership requirements for Non-CPA Associates. Those who have management or governance responsibilities with respect to an NFP, including those who serve as board members or as volunteers, are eligible to join the AICPA as a non-CPA Associate. Once you have joined the AICPA, you can join the NFP Section.
What are the Section benefits?
Section members gain exclusive access to comprehensive offerings related to NFP financial reporting, assurance, tax compliance and governance. Section resources and learning opportunities include:
- Timely communications covering breaking news. Section members receive e-alerts and access to interactive webcasts covering NFP trends, new guidance and changes made by standard setters and regulatory agencies.
- Tools and resources. In our resource library, you will find wide-ranging information that is vital to your role in serving not-for-profits
- Affordable access to live and on-demand, CPE eligible courses on a variety of topics. Members receive exclusive discounts on high-quality courses on topics such as NFP accounting, auditing, tax compliance and board governance.
- Opportunities within our community for peer-to-peer learning and information sharing, both online and in-person. Get connected through our interactive, members-only LinkedIn page. Attend our exclusive pre-conference workshops and networking events. Join our community to collaborate and share your experience and insights!
- Special Discounts on AICPA NFP products and resources for sale in our store. Including discounts on the AICPA National Not-for-Profit Conference, not-for-profit publications, and the new Not-for-Profit Certificate Program.
How much does Section membership cost?
In addition to any AICPA membership costs, the costs to join the NFP Section is $199, annually. Volume discounts are available.
Contact NFPSection@aicpa.org for more information.