The AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Section provides resources to support those who work with and for not-for-profit (NFP) organizations.
- Updated for new accounting standards
- Discounted for NFP Section members (20%!)
- On-demand learning
Get access to exclusive tools and learning resources. View our complete guide to member benefits.
These knowledgeable folks have served nonprofits for many years and donate countless hours of their valuable time to creating resources for NFP Section members.
CPE & Events
Unrelated Business Income Tax:
Tips, Tricks, and Traps
Wednesday, November 28, 2018 (1-3 pm ET)
Form 990: Learn from the Experts
Wednesday, December 12 (1-3 pm ET)
Implementing New Standards for Not-for-Profits (Rebroadcast)
Monday, December 17, 2018 (1-3 pm ET)
View the complete webcast calendar.
Past events are archived here.
Want to get free webcasts? Join the AICPA Not-for-Profit Section and get four complimentary webcasts; one 2-hour webcast is offered each quarter. That's 8 hours of CPE credit free for you. Plus, get access to exclusive not-for-profit resources.
Not-for-Profit Industry News from AICPA
NFP Blog and eNews Alerts
Get the latest news, trends and developments affecting not-for-profits.
News from the Journal of Accountancy
FASB proposes update to definition of 'collections'
June 26, 2018
FASB clarifies accounting for grants and contributions
June 21, 2018
View archives of the Journal of Accountancy on NFP and tax-exempt org topics.
Join the Not-for-Profit Section
When you join the NFP Section, you get access to exclusive tools:
- Not-for-Profit Resource Library
- Free webcasts
- A complimentary subscription to eNewsAlerts
- Online networking forums
- Discounts on our entire catalog of not-for-profit products.
- Download our complete guide to NFP benefits.
- Download the NFP Section Member logo to use in your marketing materials.
The NFP Section is not just for CPAs - our resources help those who work with and for not-for-profit organizations. If you are not a CPA, learn about the non-CPA Associate membership option for NFP Section eligibility.
Not an AICPA member? Join AICPA today >
Learn about the AICPA's Not-for-Profit Section.More on AICPA TV
Resources for the Public
- Top Issues for Not-for-Profits This Year
- New FASB Standard Addresses Accounting for Grants and Contracts
- 10 Steps to a Successful Not-for-Profit Audit
- ASU 2016-14 Toolkit
- Changes Coming to Not-for-Profit Statements of Cash Flows
- NFP Audit and Accounting FAQs
- Sample Audit Engagement Letter
- Creative Fundraising Ideas from a Tax Perspective
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: What’s Ahead for Not-for-Profits
- Tell Your Not-for-Profit's Story with Form 990 Schedule O
- NFP Governance and Management FAQs
- Considerations in Negotiating and Drafting Gift Agreements
- Archived NFP Blogs on AICPA Insights
The Not-for-Profit Advisory Council provides valuable resources to our Not-for-Profit Section members.
Chris Cole, CPA, CFE, CGMA
Associate Director, Product Management & Development -- PA
Ashley Whitaker, CPA
Lead Manager, Not-for-Profit -- PA
Lana Richards, CPA
Manager, Not-for-Profit -- Content Development
How are we doing?
Have questions about your membership? We want to hear from you! Type your inquiry in the form below to receive a response from our team. Don't forget to include your email address.