The AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Section provides resources to support those who work with and for not-for-profit (NFP) organizations.
Did you know NFP Section members get 6.5 hours of self-study, on-demand CPE? Access the NFP Accounting and Auditing Update today.
- Updated for new accounting standards
- Discounted for NFP Section members (20%!)
- On-demand learning
These knowledgeable folks have served nonprofits for many years and donate countless hours of their valuable time to creating resources for NFP Section members.
CPE & Events
A Practical Approach to Assessing Risk for NFPs
Wednesday, July 24, 2019 (1-3 pm EST)
Not-for-Profit Entities: 2019 Audit Risk Alert (Rebroadcast)
Wednesday, August 21, 2019 (1-3 pm EST)
Common Errors in NFP Financial Reporting
Thursday, September 5, 2019 (1-3 pm EST)
View the complete webcast calendar.
Past events are archived here.
Want to get free webcasts? Join the AICPA Not-for-Profit Section and get four complimentary webcasts; one 2-hour webcast is offered each quarter. That's 8 hours of CPE credit free for you. Plus, get access to exclusive not-for-profit resources.
AICPA Governmental and Not-for-Profit Training Program
October 28-30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Bring your implementation questions and prepare for the next stage of progress in revenue recognition, uniform guidance, leases, and more. This program will connect you directly to the insights from subject matter experts and standard setters. Attend in person or online. Early bird pricing available until 9/13. NFP Section members save an additional $50.
Not-for-Profit Industry News from AICPA
NFP Blog and eNews Alerts
Get the latest news, trends and developments affecting not-for-profits.
News from the Journal of Accountancy
Revenue recognition tips for not-for-profits (podcast)
June 17, 2019
Tips to ease the stress of Form 990 preparation (podcast)
March 25, 2019
New developments in UBIT for not-for-profits (podcast)
March 20, 2019
4 key tax reform provisions for not-for-profits (podcast)
March 15, 2019
View archives of the Journal of Accountancy on NFP and tax-exempt org topics.
News from the IRS: EO Updates
Join the Not-for-Profit Section
When you join the NFP Section, you get access to exclusive tools:
- Not-for-Profit Resource Library
- Free webcasts
- A complimentary subscription to eNewsAlerts
- Online networking forums
- Discounts on our entire catalog of not-for-profit products.
- Download our complete guide to NFP benefits.
- Download the NFP Section Member logo to use in your marketing materials.
AICPA Regular, Associate, non-CPA Associate, and international Associate members are eligible to join the NFP Section. The NFP Section offers tools, resources, and benefits for both CPAs and non-CPAs. If you are not a CPA, learn about the non-CPA Associate membership option for NFP Section eligibility.
Not an AICPA member? Join AICPA today >
Learn about the AICPA's Not-for-Profit Section.More on AICPA TV
NFP Section members have full access to all content in our NFP Resource Library, but we have resources that are open to non-Section members as well. We invite you to explore the following universally available items:
- Top Issues for Not-for-Profits This Year
- New FASB Standard Addresses Accounting for Grants and Contracts
- 10 Steps to a Successful Not-for-Profit Audit
- ASU 2016-14 Toolkit
- Changes Coming to Not-for-Profit Statements of Cash Flows
- NFP Audit and Accounting FAQs
- Sample Audit Engagement Letter
- Creative Fundraising Ideas from a Tax Perspective
- Tell Your Not-for-Profit's Story with Form 990 Schedule O
- NFP Governance and Management FAQs
- Considerations in Negotiating and Drafting Gift Agreements
- Archived NFP Blogs on AICPA Insights
The Not-for-Profit Advisory Council provides valuable resources to our Not-for-Profit Section members.
Chris Cole, CPA, CFE, CGMA
Associate Director, Product Management & Development -- PA
Ashley Whitaker, CPA
Lead Manager, Not-for-Profit -- PA
Lana Richards, CPA
Manager, Not-for-Profit -- Content Development
How are we doing?
Have questions about your membership? We want to hear from you! Type your inquiry in the form below to receive a response from our team. Don’t forget to include your email address.