The AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Section provides resources to support those who work with and for not-for-profit (NFP) organizations.
Did you know NFP Section members get 6.5 hours of self-study, on-demand CPE? Access the NFP Accounting and Auditing Update today.
- Updated for new accounting standards
- Discounted for NFP Section members (20%!)
- On-demand learning
These knowledgeable folks have served nonprofits for many years and donate countless hours of their valuable time to creating resources for NFP Section members.
CPE & Events
Technology Basics for Nonprofits
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 (1-3 pm ET)
Employment Taxes for Not-for-Profits Made Easy
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 (1-3 pm ET)
Accounting for Nonprofit Grants and Contracts (Rebroadcast)
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 (1-3 pm ET)
View the complete webcast calendar.
Past events are archived here.
Want to get free webcasts? Join the AICPA Not-for-Profit Section and get four complimentary webcasts; one 2-hour webcast is offered each quarter. That's 8 hours of CPE credit free for you. Plus, get access to exclusive not-for-profit resources.
AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference
June 10-12, 2019
Join us to shatter uncertainty - reinforced by accounting, audit, tax, and regulatory and compliance updates from standard setters - so that the organization you serve will be better positioned for the mission ahead.
Register by April 26, and save $75, in addition to any applicable section/credential discounts.
Not-for-Profit Industry News from AICPA
NFP Blog and eNews Alerts
Get the latest news, trends and developments affecting not-for-profits.
News from the Journal of Accountancy
Benefits of budgeting for results
November 1, 2018
View archives of the Journal of Accountancy on NFP and tax-exempt org topics.
News from the IRS: EO Updates
Join the Not-for-Profit Section
When you join the NFP Section, you get access to exclusive tools:
- Not-for-Profit Resource Library
- Free webcasts
- A complimentary subscription to eNewsAlerts
- Online networking forums
- Discounts on our entire catalog of not-for-profit products.
- Download our complete guide to NFP benefits.
- Download the NFP Section Member logo to use in your marketing materials.
AICPA Regular, Associate, non-CPA Associate, and international Associate members are eligible to join the NFP Section. The NFP Section offers tools, resources, and benefits for both CPAs and non-CPAs. If you are not a CPA, learn about the non-CPA Associate membership option for NFP Section eligibility.
Not an AICPA member? Join AICPA today >
Learn about the AICPA's Not-for-Profit Section.More on AICPA TV
NFP Section members have full access to all content in our NFP Resource Library, but we have resources that are open to non-Section members as well. We invite you to explore the following universally available items:
- Top Issues for Not-for-Profits This Year
- New FASB Standard Addresses Accounting for Grants and Contracts
- 10 Steps to a Successful Not-for-Profit Audit
- ASU 2016-14 Toolkit
- Changes Coming to Not-for-Profit Statements of Cash Flows
- NFP Audit and Accounting FAQs
- Sample Audit Engagement Letter
- Creative Fundraising Ideas from a Tax Perspective
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: What’s Ahead for Not-for-Profits
- Tell Your Not-for-Profit's Story with Form 990 Schedule O
- NFP Governance and Management FAQs
- Considerations in Negotiating and Drafting Gift Agreements
- Archived NFP Blogs on AICPA Insights
The Not-for-Profit Advisory Council provides valuable resources to our Not-for-Profit Section members.
Chris Cole, CPA, CFE, CGMA
Associate Director, Product Management & Development -- PA
Ashley Whitaker, CPA
Lead Manager, Not-for-Profit -- PA
Lana Richards, CPA
Manager, Not-for-Profit -- Content Development
How are we doing?
Have questions about your membership? We want to hear from you! Type your inquiry in the form below to receive a response from our team. Don’t forget to include your email address.