The AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Section provides resources to support those who work with and for not-for-profit (NFP) organizations.
- Updated for the new accounting standards
- Discounted for NFP Section members (20%!)
- On-demand learning
Don't forget NFP Section members get 5.5 hours of self-study, on-demand CPE! If you haven't yet, access the 2019 NFP Accounting and Auditing Update today.
These knowledgeable folks have served nonprofits for many years and donate countless hours of their valuable time to creating resources for NFP Section members.
CPE & Events
Nonprofit Internal Financial Statement Walk-through
Thursday, June 18, 2020 (3-5 pm EST)
View the complete webcast calendar.
Past events are archived here.
Want to get free webcasts? Join the AICPA Not-for-Profit Section and get four complimentary webcasts; one 2-hour webcast is offered each quarter. That's 8 hours of CPE credit free for you. Plus, get access to exclusive not-for-profit resources.
AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference
Live online, June 22-24, 2020
Join us to refine your planning — reinforced by essential accounting, audit, tax, and regulatory and compliance updates from standard setters — so that the not-for-profit organizations you serve will be better positioned for the mission ahead.
Not-for-Profit Industry News from AICPA
NFP Blog and eNews Alerts
Get the latest news, trends and developments affecting not-for-profits.
News from the Journal of Accountancy
ASB formally issues deferral of effective dates
May 1, 2020
Going concern tips for auditors during the pandemic
April 3, 2020
View archives of the Journal of Accountancy on NFP and tax-exempt org topics.
News from the IRS: EO Updates
Join the Not-for-Profit Section
When you join the NFP Section, you get access to exclusive tools:
- Not-for-Profit Resource Library
- Free webcasts
- A complimentary subscription to eNewsAlerts
- Online networking forums
- Discounts on our entire catalog of not-for-profit products.
- Download our complete guide to NFP benefits.
- Download the NFP Section Member logo to use in your marketing materials.
AICPA Regular, Associate, non-CPA Associate, and international Associate members are eligible to join the NFP Section. The NFP Section offers tools, resources, and benefits for both CPAs and non-CPAs. If you are not a CPA, learn about the non-CPA Associate membership option for NFP Section eligibility.
Not an AICPA member? Join AICPA today >
Learn about the AICPA's Not-for-Profit Section.More on AICPA TV
NFP Section members have full access to all content in our NFP Resource Library, but we have resources that are open to non-Section members as well. We invite you to explore the following universally available items:
- Top 10 Nonprofit Board Oversight Issues for Organizations of All Sizes
- Top Issues for Not-for-Profits This Year
- ASU 2016-14 Toolkit
- Demystifying the New NFP Liquidity Disclosures
- Functional Expense Schedule Best Practices for NFPs
- FASB Standard Addresses Accounting for Grants and Contracts
- Quiz: How would you account for these NFP grants and contracts?
- NFP Audit and Accounting FAQs
- NFP Governance and Management FAQs
- Manage Expectations for a Positive and Pain-free NFP Audit Process
- 10 Steps to a Successful Not-for-Profit Audit
- Auditing Alternative Investments: 3 Things to Keep in Mind
- Cybersecurity Tips for Small NFPs
- Changes Coming to Not-for-Profit Statements of Cash Flows
- How Will CECL Affect Your Not-for-Profit?
- Sample Audit Engagement Letter
- Creative Fundraising Ideas from a Tax Perspective
- Tell Your Not-for-Profit's Story with Form 990 Schedule O
- Considerations in Negotiating and Drafting Gift Agreements
- Top Tips for Landing the Perfect Nonprofit Board Seat
- Archived NFP Blogs on AICPA Insights
The Not-for-Profit Advisory Council provides valuable resources to our Not-for-Profit Section members.
Chris Cole, CPA, CFE, CGMA
Associate Director, Engagement and Learning Innovation
Ashley Whitaker, CPA
Lead Manager, Not-for-Profit Engagement and Learning Innovation
Lana Richards, CPA
Manager, Not-for-Profit Engagement and Learning Innovation
How are we doing?
Have questions about your membership? Check out our NFP Section Membership FAQs.
We want to hear from you! Type your inquiry in the form below to receive a response from our team. Don’t forget to include your email address.