The AICPA's Top Technology Initiatives (TTI) survey celebrates its 20th anniversary and the Information Technology Membership Section requested, for the first time, the participation of AICPA members to determine the 2009 list.
In prior years, voting was limited to an exclusive community of CPAs and IT professionals including the Information Technology Section members and CITP credential holders. Each year accounting professionals refer to the AICPA TTI list to learn about the technology initiatives that CPAs, and other technology experts who work closely with CPAs, anticipate will have the greatest influence on IT strategy, investment and implementation in the next twelve to eighteen months.
The initiatives included in the survey are intended to represent the CPA’s unique perspective regarding the initiatives they believe will impact financial management and the fulfillment of other fiduciary responsibilities such as safeguarding of business assets, oversight of business performance, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
|2009 Top Ten Technology Initiatives
1. Information Security Management
2. Privacy Management
3. Secure Data File Storage, Transmission and Exchange (Formerly known as Securing and Controlling Information Distribution) 4. Business Process Improvement, Work Flow and Process Exception Alerts
5. Mobile and Remote Computing
6. Training and Competency
7. Identity and Access Management
8. Improved Application and Data Integration
9. Document, Forms, Content and Knowledge Management
10. Electronic Data Retention Strategy
In addition to the above list, the AICPA is also including a section for Honorable Mention, the technology initiatives that placed #11− #15 in the final tabulation.
11. Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery Planning
12. Conforming to Assurance and Compliance Standards
13. Collaboration – Information Portals
14. Business Intelligence
15. Customer Relationship Management