CITP Credential Holders
As a CITP holder you also are a member of the IMTA section and have access to all the benefits of membership.
- IMTA Resources - get resources to help you in your career.
- CPE & Events - find learning opportunities to help fulfill your CPE requirements.
- Newsletters - stay up to date on the latest in IMTA related news.
- Community - learn more about committees, member forums and more and get involved.
Back to Membership Overview >>
Access to CITP tools, resources, aids and more to help expand your practice and increase your revenue opportunities.
- CITP Marketing Toolkit — This includes information on how to market yourself and includes a press release, logos, brochure and presentation. Access the toolkit >>
- CITP Credential Referral Program — Our current CITP credential holders are the backbone of the program and we are rewarding current CITP credential holders for referring other CPAs to either become a CITP credential holder or sit for an upcoming CITP exam. Every CITP credential holder making a qualifying referral will receive a $360 credit against their future credential dues. Learn more >>
- Find a CITP Directory — Get added to this directory where the public is able to search for a CITP in their state. Get started >>
- CITP Champion Program — Become an ambassador for the CITP. Spread the word about the value. Become a champion >>
- CITP Logo — Download CITP logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field. Download logos >>
- Technical Resources - Technical resources such as Safari Books Online, Audimation Services and more. Browse Resources >>
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions regarding the CITP credential. Browse FAQs >>
Recertification is required annually as of January 2017. When you pay your credential dues, you are attesting to meeting the following requirements (and will be subject to potential audit):
- Maintained membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Maintained a valid, unrevoked CPA permit, certificate, or license issued by a legally constituted state authority, and which is in active status.
- Completed 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) within the credential body of knowledge annually:
- Continuing professional development may include structured learning activities approved by NASBA or a legally constituted state authority, or unstructured learning activities
- Unstructured learning activities may constitute up to 50% (10 hours annually) of a credential holder’s CPD to meet credential renewal requirements
- Attested that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be rescinded and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.
To be reinstated, please fill out the CITP reinstatement application.Back to Membership Overview >>