On December 26, 2013, the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance). The Uniform Guidance supersedes and streamlines requirements from eight different grant circulars into one set of guidance contained in Title 2 of the Code of Federal Regulations, as follows:
- Subpart A contains acronyms and definitions used throughout the Guidance.
- Subpart B discusses general provisions including the purpose of the Guidance, its applicability, and effective date.
- Subpart C covers administrative requirements directed primarily at federal agencies including pre-award activities and requirements for the contents of federal awards.
- Subpart D includes many of the administrative requirements that will be areas of focus for your clients including procurement, internal control, and subrecipient monitoring.
- Subpart E includes reforms to the Cost Principles previously found in Circulars A-21, A-87, and A-122; and
- Subpart F includes the reforms to single audit requirements which were previously found in Circulars A-133 and A-50.
- Various Appendices.