GAQC Uniform Guidance Resources
The GAQC’s resources relating to performing single audits under the Uniform Guidance are in the following areas:
Access a full listing of all GAQC COVID-19 content. Otherwise, see below for a sampling of GAQC COVID-19 content.
Access COVID-19 related GAQC Alerts.
See also GAQC COVID-19 resources for auditors of state and local governments including: FAQs: State and Local Government Financial Statement Accounting and Auditing Matters and Auditor Reporting Issues Relating to COVID-19.
- AICPA Final Letter on Proposed Changes to 2 CFR 200.
- Key Sections of the Uniform Guidance
- Key Federal Players in the Single Audit Process
- GAQC Summary of Final Agency Uniform Guidance Adoption Status and Related Links as of 08/1/19
- 11 Tips for Success with Single Audits (Journal of Accountancy article)
- Practice Issue Noted With Auditee Corrective Action Plan and Summary Schedule of Prior Audit Findings
- Federal Agency Requests for Auditor Certifications
- Access Archived GAQC Alerts
Tools and Practice Aids
2020 Compliance Supplement – As a public service, the GAQC has posted this Supplement broken down by section.
2019 Compliance Supplement – As a public service, the GAQC has posted this Supplement broken down by section.
Illustrative Auditor Reports – These illustrative auditor’s reports are excerpts from the AICPA Audit Guide, Government Auditing Standards and Single Audits.
AICPA Single Audit Certificate programs – Consider taking these exam-based certificates (which reflect the requirements of the Uniform Guidance) to evidence your knowledge of single audits.
AICPA Governmental Audit Competency Resources – Access this framework and the related AICPA governmental audit competency Web site to gauge where your knowledge about single audits and other governmental audits may need to be enhanced and find related learning.
View the GAQC Auditee Resource Center and share the link with your clients.
Quick Links to Key Government and Other Resources
AICPA Audit Guide, Government Auditing Standards and Single Audits
2020 OMB Compliance Supplement (on OMB Web site in one large PDF file – see above section for GAQC posting of Supplement by section)
Performance.gov resources relating to Results-Oriented Accountability for Grants including plans for the future of grant policy, updates on cross-agency initiatives on grants, and other resources.