The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires audits of entities participating in various HUD programs. For example, HUD requires program-specific audits of for-profit participants (e.g., multifamily housing entities, lenders, etc.) in selected HUD Housing and Ginnie Mae programs under the HUD Consolidated Audit Guide. Not-for-profit and governmental organizations that participate in HUD housing programs fall under the requirements of the Single Audit Act and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Costs Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance).
While the HUD Web site provides much information and resources, not all are relevant to auditors of entities subject to HUD audit requirements. The purpose of this GAQC Web page is to assist auditors performing HUD engagements with finding information and news relevant to their audits. It also provides background information on the various type of HUD audits and HUD offices, training information, and other resources. Click on the following links to learn more.
- GAQC Alerts, Web Events. Links to Illustrative Audit Reports, and Other Resources
- HUD News (Current and Archive)
- HUD Consolidated Audit Guide
- Illustrative HUD Audit Reports
- Submission and Audit Requirements for PHAs and Multifamily Program Participants
- HUD Offices Relevant to HUD Audits and Related Background on FASS and LASS
- AICPA HUD Related CPE
- Directory of Helpful Web Sites