Note: If you missed the live webcast and would like to view it with the CPE option, we will be announcing the rebroadcast dates and times in a future GAQC Alert.
This Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) Webcast, GAQC Annual Update, will provide member participants with a summary of the key issues that should be considered as part of planning for the 2016 audit season. Remember that the GAQC membership requirements for CPA firms and State Audit Organizations (SAO) state that the firm’s designated audit quality partner (DAQP) or SAO designated single audit leader (DAQL) must attend this annual Center-sponsored Webcast. However, all levels of staff will benefit from attending. The GAQC Executive Committee highly recommends that you and your staff view this Webcast prior to starting your 2015 governmental audits.
About the Webcast
This annual required GAQC Webcast is intended to create an awareness of matters that need to be considered by audit teams. It will provide important updates and discuss matters that will have an effect on 2016 audit engagements. It will also provide participants with an opportunity to electronically pose questions to the presenters during the event. Specifically, participants will receive a high-level briefing on various technical matters including:
- the latest on single audits and related regulatory matters, including the status of the 2016 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Compliance Supplement and the continued impact of the Uniform Guidance;
- an update on the Federal Audit Clearinghouse and the data collection form
- a summary of the various accounting and auditing standard-setters' activities.
- auditing guidance relating to "other compliance audits" such as those required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- the current status of initiatives to enhance governmental audit quality; and
- resources and tools available from the GAQC and AICPA.
You will also have an opportunity to submit your questions to the presenters during the event.
The Panelists for this year’s Webcast include: (1) Heather Acker, CPA, Baker Tilly, Member of the AICPA State and Local Government Expert Panel (SLGEP); (2) Erica Forhan, CPA, Moss Adams LLP, Chair the GAQC Executive Committee; (3) John Good, CPA, Ernst & Young LLP, active with the GAQC and a member of the SLGEP; and (4) Mary Foelster, CPA, the AICPA’s Director of Governmental Auditing and Accounting.
Archived Viewing of the GAQC Webcast – No CPE Option
This is a members-only free version of the Webcast. Please note that there will be no CPE credit associated with this archived Webcast version. Just click on the following link to begin viewing the 2016 GAQC Annual Update Webcast:
- Webcast slides in PowerPoint format
- Webcast slides in PDF handout format
- Becoming a Peer Reviewer handout
- Single Audit Certificate Programs FAQs
If you require or want access to the 2015 and/or 2014 GAQC Annual Webcast Updates, please send an e-mail to email@example.com