The mission of the Governmental Audit Quality Center is to:
- Raise awareness about the importance of governmental audits
- Serve as a comprehensive resource provider on governmental audits for member firms and state audit organizations (SAOs) by providing information, resources, and other tools to assist in enhancing governmental audit quality.
- Create a community of firms and SAOs that demonstrate a commitment to governmental audit quality
- Publicly identify member firms and SAOs to enable purchasers of governmental audit services (auditees) to identify Center members
- Educate auditees about the importance of audit quality (see Auditee Resource Center).
- Provide information about the Center’s activities to other governmental audit stakeholders