With cyberattacks on the rise, organizations are looking at how to best protect their client and customer information – and inform stakeholders of their efforts. The AICPA provides resources to help organizations and businesses, including CPA firms, assess risks. We’re also assisting CPAs as they provide advisory or assurance services on clients’ risk programs. Click on the boxes below to learn more.
- Identify potential internal risks
- Take proactive steps to safeguard information
- Help clients identify and address cybersecurity risks
- Share expertise and best practices
Shark Tank star, cybersecurity expert Robert Herjavec talks data protection
What do you, your clients or employers need to know about protecting your #1 asset -- data? Global cybersecurity expert and Shark Tank star Robert Herjavec recently joined with the accounting profession to discuss cybersecurity trends and best practices. This free archived webcast also provides a unique opportunity for you to meet with clients or engage your C-suite to discuss this critically important and timely topic.
AICPA Featured Tools
Find the latest resources on cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity Risk Management Reporting Framework
Consists of description criteria, control criteria and an attestation guide.
- Exploring Cybersecurity
Tools for firms interested in developing a cybersecurity practice.
- CGMA Cybersecurity Risk Management Tool
Helps companies monitor and manage the risk of cybersecurity threats and respond to potential breaches.
CPAs Helping to Fight Against Cyberattacks
Learn how CPAs can help businesses fight cyberattacks. Whether an organization is designing a new cybersecurity program or needs an assurance report on one already in place – CPAs skilled in information management and technology are ready to serve.More on AICPA TV
In the News
- Hacking the Cyber Threat A Cybersecurity Primer for Law-Enforcement Leaders and Executives
- You're hacked. What's your cybersecurity liability? - AICPA Insights, October 24, 2017
- Cybersecurity: A new engagement opportunity - Journal of Accountancy, October 1, 2017
- Surviving the equifax breach - AICPA Insights, September 14, 2017
- Simple steps to boost cybersecurity - Journal of Accountancy. August 28, 2017
- Most passwords are easy to guess. Do this instead - AICPA Insights. August 14, 2017
- The war on tax ID theft continues: CPAs’ role- Journal of Accountancy, August 1, 2017
- A Proactive and Pragmatic Approach to Cyber Risk Management - Treasury & Risk, July 18, 2017
- Choosing a Sound Path Forward on Cybersecurity - CFO.com, June 19, 2017
- CPAs Have the Strengths Needed to Address Cybersecurity Risk - Accounting Web, June 5, 2017
For even more information, check out the AICPA's Insights blog for news and perspectives on cybersecurity.
Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- COSO Enterprise Risk Management - Integrating with Strategy and Performance
- COSO Internal Controls - Integrated Framework
- COSO in the Cyber Age
The Institute of Risk Management Cyber Risk Report
The Institute of Internal auditors (IIA)
- Assessing Cybersecurity Risk Roles of the Three Lines of Defense
- Additional supplemental guidance developed by IIA
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)