AICPA Revenue Recognition Task Forces are charged with developing revenue recognition implementation issues that will provide helpful hints and illustrative examples for how to apply the new Revenue Recognition Standard.
Task Force Members:
- Nicole Zabinski, Ernst & Young LLP (Chair)
- Cheryl Alford, Windstream Communications
- Bryan Anderson, Deloitte LLP
- Doug Chambers, Telephone and Data Systems (TDS)
- Martin Fuhs, T-Mobile
- Monty Garrett, Verizon
- Lyle Hippen, CenturyLink
- Rob Glasgow, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Chris Morgan, Grant Thornton LLP
- John Mutrie, Sprint
- Bill Schneider, AT&T
- Richard Ehrman, KPMG LLP
- Brian Zook, Liberty Global
Staff Contact: Desire Carroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
FASB ASC 606 Revenue Recognition: Telecommunications Entities Webcast
The Telecommunications Revenue Recognition Task Force will hold an informational webcast on March 28, 2018 2:00pm-3:00pm ET. This webcast will discuss FASB ASC 606 implementation issues for telecommunications entities, and provide insight into the development of the issues and potential changes in practice.
- Overview of FASB ASC 606 implementation issues for telecommunications entities
- Understanding of the Task Force discussions on the implementation issues
- Understanding of potential changes in practice related from the adoption of FASB ASC 606
News and Resources
In this audio podcast, Bill Schneider, CPA, CGMA, AT&T Director of Accounting discusses significant changes and challenges those in the telecommunications industry will encounter as a result of the new revenue recognition standard.
Identified Revenue Recognition Issues
Below is a list of potential revenue recognition implementation issues identified by the Telecommunications Entities Revenue Recognition Task Force. The list will be updated as the task force continues it discussions. Full revenue recognition implementation issues will be posted below for informal comments after review by the AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC).
Draft Revenue Recognition Implementation Issues included for informal comment, when available, will be listed below.
Respondents should submit any comments including the implementation issue number to email@example.com by the dates noted below: