AICPA Revenue Recognition Task Forces are charged with developing revenue recognition implementation issues that will provide helpful hints and illustrative examples for how to apply the new Revenue Recognition Standard.
Task Force Members:
- Paul Bridge, BDO (Chair)
- Meredity Canady, American Express
- Kristin Derington-Ruiz, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- David Elizandro, BNY Mellon
- Sydney Garmong, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Dom Guiffrida, Ernst & Young LLP
- Lee Keel, Wells Fargo
- Lisa Koehl, JP Morgan Chase
- Jennifer Liner, Capital One
- Faye Miller, RSM US LLP
- Mike Pierce, KPMG LLP
- Robert Uhl, Deloitte LLP
- Markus Veith, Grant Thornton LLP
- Xihao Xu, TD Bank
Staff Contact: Kim Kushmerick, Kim.Kushmerick@aicpa-cima.com
IDENTIFIED REVENUE RECOGNITION IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES
Below is a list of potential revenue recognition implementation issues identified by the Depository and Lending Institutions Revenue Recognition Task Force. The list will be updated as the task force continues it discussions. Full revenue recognition implementation issues will be posted below for informal comments after review by the AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC).
The Task Force has removed and/or addressed selected implementation issues included in the original plan. They have retained the original issue #s for the table below.
Draft Revenue Recognition Implementation Issues included for informal comment, when available, will be listed below.
The Depository and Lending Institutions Revenue Recognition Task Force and the Depository and Lending Institutions Expert Panel recommend the following AICPA products for current revenue recognition issues:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Depository and Lending Institutions: Banks and Savings Institutions, Credit Unions, Finance Companies, and Mortgage Companies
You may be interested in reading this article, “Depository Institutions, Are You Prepared to Implement the Revenue Recognition Standard?”