CFF Credential Holders
As a CFF credential holder you also are a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) section and have access to all the benefits of membership. Get started browsing the FVS section below.
Browse the FVS Section >>
Back to Membership Overview >>
CFF tools, resources, aids and more:
- CFF Credential Handbook — Learn everything about the CFF credential including benefits, requirements and how it can enhance your practice. Download the CFF handbook>>
- CFF Mentor Program — Get matched with a mentor to help develop your skills. Learn more >>
- Find a CFF Directory — Get added to this directory where the public is able to search for an CFF in their state. Get started >>
- CFF Champion Program — Help spread the word about the benefits of the CFF credential. Become a champion >>
- Technical Resources - Technical resources such as FVS Online Library, Daubert Tracker and Business Reference Guide. Browse Resources >>
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions regarding the CFF credential. Browse FAQs >>
- Logo Usage Guide
- Digital Badging – Learn more about our digital badging process to promote your credential on Social Media.
Recertification is required annually. When you pay your credential dues, you are attesting to meeting the following requirements (and will be subject to potential audit):
- Maintained membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Maintain a valid and unrevoked CPA permit, certificate, or license issued by a legally constituted state authority.
- Completed 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) within the credential body of knowledge annually. CPD may include:
- Structured learning activities - these activities include CPE approved by NASBA or a legally constituted state authority, or training from other professional bodies; or
- Unstructured learning activities as outlined by the AICPA - these activities may constitute up to 50% (10 hours annually) of a credential holder’s CPD to meet credential renewal requirements
- Credential renewal occurs in July of each year. Credential holders must meet the recertification requirements in the calendar year prior to renewal. If credential holder is newly credentialed, CPD does not need to be completed until the year following receipt of credential.
- Attested that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be rescinded and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.
- Existing CFF Credential holders can use the Core Forensic Accounting Education and Specialized Forensic Accounting Education to earn CPE credits needed to maintain the credential. You can customize your learning experience by either purchasing the full education bundle or any of the individual course modules.