ABV Credential Holders
Thank you for becoming an ABV ® credential holder. Refer to this page to reference all that comes with your credential holder status and links to get started using important exclusive benefits.
As an ABV credential holder you also are a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) section and have access to all the benefits of membership. Get started browsing the FVS section below.
Browse the FVS Section >>
Back to Membership Overview >>
Access to ABV tools, resources, aids and more.
- ABV Mentor Program — Develop your skills, get matched with a mentor. Learn more >>
- Find an ABV Directory — Get added to this directory where the public is able to search for an ABV in their state. Get started >>
- ABV Champion Program — Be an ambassador for the ABV credential. Become a champion >>
- ABV Logo — Download ABV logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field. Download logos >>
- Technical Resources - Technical resources such as FVS Online Library, Daubert Tracker and Business Reference Guide. Browse Resources >>
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions regarding the ABV credential. Browse FAQs >>
Recertification is required annually as of January 2017. When you pay your credential dues, you are attesting to meeting the following requirements (and will be subject to potential audit):
- Maintained membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Maintain a valid and unrevoked CPA permit, certificate, or license issued by a legally constituted state authority.
- Completed 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) within the credential body of knowledge annually:
- Continuing professional development may include structured learning activities approved by NASBA or a legally constituted state authority, or unstructured learning activities.
- Unstructured learning activities may constitute up to 50% (10 hours annually) of a credential holder's CPD to meet credential renewal requirements.
- Attested that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be rescinded and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.