ABV Credential Holders
As an ABV credential holder you also are a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) section and have access to all the benefits of membership. Get started browsing the FVS section below.
Browse the FVS Section >>
Back to Membership Overview >>
Access to ABV tools, resources, aids and more.
- ABV Mentor Program — Develop your skills, get matched with a mentor. Learn more >>
- Find an ABV Directory — Get added to this directory where the public is able to search for an ABV in their state. Get started >>
- ABV Champion Program — Be an ambassador for the ABV credential. Become a champion >>
- ABV Logo — Download ABV logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field. Download logos >>
- Technical Resources - Technical resources such as FVS Online Library, Daubert Tracker and Business Reference Guide. Browse Resources >>
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions regarding the ABV credential. Browse FAQs >>
Recertification is required annually. The ABV credential does not have an “inactive status.” When you pay your credential dues, you are attesting to meeting the following requirements (and will be subject to potential audit):
- Maintained membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Completed 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) within the credential body of knowledge annually. CPD may include:
- Structured learning activities – these activities include CPE approved by NASBA or a legally constituted state authority, or training from other professional bodies; or
- Unstructured learning activities – as outlined by the AICPA - these activities may constitute up to 50% (10 hours annually) of a credential holder’s CPD to meet credential renewal requirements.
- Attested that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be revoked and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.
Note – If selected for audit you will be notified in writing and your recertification related learning activities must be recorded in the “My Learning” section of the AICPA |CIMA Competency and Learning website. You are encouraged to record your annual CPD in this website regularly.