ABV Credential Holders
As an ABV credential holder you also are a member of the Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) section and have access to all the benefits of membership. Get started browsing the FVS section below.
Browse the FVS Section >>
Back to Membership Overview >>
Access to ABV tools, resources, aids and more.
- ABV Mentor Program — Develop your skills, get matched with a mentor. Learn more >>
- Find an ABV Directory — Get added to this directory where the public is able to search for an ABV in their state. Get started >>
- ABV Champion Program — Be an ambassador for the ABV credential. Become a champion >>
- ABV Logo — Download ABV logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field. Download logos >>
- Technical Resources - Technical resources such as FVS Online Library, Daubert Tracker and Business Reference Guide. Browse Resources >>
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions regarding the ABV credential. Browse FAQs >>
Recertification is required annually. When you pay your credential dues, you are attesting to meeting the following requirements (and will be subject to potential audit):
- Maintained membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Maintain a valid and unrevoked CPA permit, certificate, or license issued by a legally constituted state authority.
- Completed 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) within the credential body of knowledge annually. CPD may include:
- Structured learning activities – these activities include CPE approved by NASBA or a legally constituted state authority, or training from other professional bodies; or
- Unstructured learning activities – as outlined by the AICPA - these activities may constitute up to 50% (10 hours annually) of a credential holder’s CPD to meet credential renewal requirements.
- Attested that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be rescinded and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.
Note – When selected for audit you will be notified in writing and your recertification related learning activities must be recorded in the “My Learning” section of the AICPA |CIMA Competency and Learning website. You are encouraged to record your annual CPD in this website regularly.