The AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) represents CPAs working in all levels of federal, state, and local government. It also serves the public who depend on CPAs to help ensure government accountability. The mission of the GPAC is to:
- Promote greater government accountability and the integrity of government operations, information, and information systems,
- Promote and encourage increased participation and involvement by CPAs in government within the AICPA,
- Enhance the professional image and value of CPAs in government,
- Provide advice and counsel to the Institute on the needs of CPAs in government, and
- Serve as a conduit for communications among CPAs in government, the Institute, and other professional organizations.