Business, Industry & Government
The AICPA provides financial managers and executives practicing in business, industry, and government with tools and resources needed to move organizations forward.
The quarterly AICPA Business and Industry Economic Outlook Survey is a leading indicator of U.S. economic growth and contraction based on CPA financial executives’ evaluation of corporate prospects, performance data, and first-hand knowledge of company staffing, spending and financing plans. See our latest release (March 4, 2021).
Nominations open March 1st for the 2021 Outstanding CPA Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Awards (Federal, State, and Local), and the Career Contribution Award. Award recipients will be honored during the annual AICPA & CIMA National Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference (GAAC) August 16-17.
Journal of Accountancy
How nonfungible tokens work and where they get their value
Apr 15, 2021
A cryptocurrency expert explains the basics of NFTs and the business and buzz behind them.
EBP audits: Document so your steps can be retraced
Apr 15, 2021
Thorough documentation demonstrates the quality that a practitioner has delivered in any audit. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, documentation provides auditors an opportunity to show they are on top of the many changes that plans may have undergone.
Quiz: More deduction limitations for business meals and entertainment
Apr 15, 2021
Test your knowledge of the rules for deductibility for business-related food and beverages and/or entertainment and how much, if any, of a given expenditure can be claimed as an ordinary and necessary expense of conducting a trade or business under Sec. 162.
Management Accounting & Finance Perspectives
- Together, we can make a plan to address racism and unconscious bias
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
- Federal Reserve takes additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy
- You’re suddenly WFH: An example of how to adapt (March 2020 podcast)
- 2020 The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices - 11th Edition
- Using ERM Principles To Help Navigate Risks Triggered by COVID-19
- Coronavirus risks: The importance of preparation
- Finance transformation: the human perspective
- Agile Finance Unleashed: The Key Traits of Digital Finance Leaders
- Re-inventing finance for a digital world
- Robotic Process Automation: the next big thing