Business, Industry & Government
The AICPA provides financial managers and executives practicing in business, industry, and government with tools and resources needed to move organizations forward.
The quarterly AICPA Business and Industry Economic Outlook Survey is a leading indicator of U.S. economic growth and contraction based on CPA financial executives’ evaluation of corporate prospects, performance data, and first-hand knowledge of company staffing, spending and financing plans. See our latest release (December 10, 2020).
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) has presented 4 recipients for the 2020 Outstanding CPA Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Awards (Federal, State, and Local), and the Outstanding CPA in Goverment.
Journal of Accountancy
6 tips for CPAs on newest round of PPP funding
Jan 21, 2021
A new round of Paycheck Protection Program funding is available for businesses affected by the pandemic. Here’s what CPAs and business leaders need to know to get the funding they need.
Partner capital account reporting gets transition penalty relief
Jan 20, 2021
Errors by partnerships in reporting partners’ tax capital accounts under new rules for 2020 may be excused, the Internal Revenue Service outlined.
IRS explains extended payroll tax due dates
Jan 20, 2021
The IRS issued updated procedures for the deferred employee portion of employment tax payments, which were further extended from April 30, 2021, to Dec. 31, 2021, by year-end legislation.
Management Accounting & Finance Perspectives
- Together, we can make a plan to address racism and unconscious bias
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
- Federal Reserve takes additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy
- You’re suddenly WFH: An example of how to adapt (March 2020 podcast)
- 2020 The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices - 11th Edition
- Using ERM Principles To Help Navigate Risks Triggered by COVID-19
- Coronavirus risks: The importance of preparation
- Finance transformation: the human perspective
- Agile Finance Unleashed: The Key Traits of Digital Finance Leaders
- Re-inventing finance for a digital world
- Robotic Process Automation: the next big thing