Business, Industry & Government
The AICPA provides financial managers and executives practicing in business, industry, and government with tools and resources needed to move organizations forward.
The quarterly AICPA Business and Industry Economic Outlook Survey is a leading indicator of U.S. economic growth and contraction based on CPA financial executives’ evaluation of corporate prospects, performance data, and first-hand knowledge of company staffing, spending and financing plans. See our latest release (June 4, 2020).
Nominations are now closed for the 2020 Outstanding CPA Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Awards (Federal, State, and Local), and the Career Contribution Award.
Journal of Accountancy
PPP forgiveness changes coming as Senate passes House bill
Jun 5, 2020
The Senate passed a House bill that gives small businesses and other entities that received loans from the Paycheck Protection Program 16 additional weeks to spend the funds and qualify for full forgiveness of the loans.
GASB addresses subscription-based technology arrangements
Jun 5, 2020
GASB issued a standard that specifically addresses accounting and financial reporting for subscription-based technology arrangements used by state and local governments.
4 key COVID-19 audit risks for 2020 year ends
Jun 5, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has created special challenges for practitioners to consider related to internal control, fraud, legal compliance, and accounting estimates. Here’s how auditors can address these risks.
Management Accounting & Finance Perspectives
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
- Federal Reserve takes additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy
- You’re suddenly WFH: An example of how to adapt (March 2020 podcast)
- 2020 The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices - 11th Edition
- Using ERM Principles To Help Navigate Risks Triggered by COVID-19
- Coronavirus risks: The importance of preparation
- Finance transformation: the human perspective
- Agile Finance Unleashed: The Key Traits of Digital Finance Leaders
- Re-inventing finance for a digital world
- Robotic Process Automation: the next big thing