Business, Industry & Government
The AICPA provides financial managers and executives practicing in business, industry, and government with tools and resources needed to move organizations forward.
The quarterly AICPA Business and Industry Economic Outlook Survey is a leading indicator of U.S. economic growth and contraction based on CPA financial executives’ evaluation of corporate prospects, performance data, and first-hand knowledge of company staffing, spending and financing plans. See our latest release (June 4, 2020).
Nominations are now closed for the 2020 Outstanding CPA Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Awards (Federal, State, and Local), and the Career Contribution Award.
Journal of Accountancy
New FAQs address PPP loan forgiveness issues
Aug 4, 2020
The SBA and Treasury published guidance answering 23 frequently asked questions related to the forgiveness of loans issued under the Paycheck Protection Program.
TIGTA critiques IRS’s protection of taxpayer data
Aug 4, 2020
The IRS continues to have challenges protecting taxpayer data, and especially ensuring that its various applications provide complete and accurate audit trails, according to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).
AICPA continues to ask Congress to include PPP deductibility in upcoming legislation
Aug 4, 2020
In a letter dated Aug. 4, 2020, the AICPA joined over 170 organizations to urge Congress to “include a technical correction addressing the tax treatment of loan forgiveness under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)” in its next round of legislation addressing the coronavirus pandemic.
Management Accounting & Finance Perspectives
- Together, we can make a plan to address racism and unconscious bias
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
- Federal Reserve takes additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy
- You’re suddenly WFH: An example of how to adapt (March 2020 podcast)
- 2020 The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices - 11th Edition
- Using ERM Principles To Help Navigate Risks Triggered by COVID-19
- Coronavirus risks: The importance of preparation
- Finance transformation: the human perspective
- Agile Finance Unleashed: The Key Traits of Digital Finance Leaders
- Re-inventing finance for a digital world
- Robotic Process Automation: the next big thing