Business, Industry & Government
The AICPA provides financial managers and executives practicing in business, industry, and government with tools and resources needed to move organizations forward.
The quarterly AICPA Business and Industry Economic Outlook Survey is a leading indicator of U.S. economic growth and contraction based on CPA financial executives’ evaluation of corporate prospects, performance data, and first-hand knowledge of company staffing, spending and financing plans. See our latest release (September 3, 2020).
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) has presented 4 recipients for the 2020 Outstanding CPA Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Awards (Federal, State, and Local), and the Outstanding CPA in Goverment.
Journal of Accountancy
Gauging risk assessment and response processes
Oct 23, 2020
How well do auditors perform in assessing and responding to risks of material misstatement? New research provides some answers.
Draft instructions for partnership capital account reporting released
Oct 22, 2020
The IRS released draft instructions for Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income, to calculate partner capital accounts using the tax-basis method.
Americans’ personal financial satisfaction sees record rebound
Oct 22, 2020
The AICPA’s Personal Financial Satisfaction Index (PFSi) rose 99% in the third quarter, setting a new record for quarterly growth. This finding underscores this year’s economic volatility, as last quarter the PFSi saw its largest-ever quarterly decline.
Management Accounting & Finance Perspectives
- Together, we can make a plan to address racism and unconscious bias
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
- Federal Reserve takes additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy
- You’re suddenly WFH: An example of how to adapt (March 2020 podcast)
- 2020 The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices - 11th Edition
- Using ERM Principles To Help Navigate Risks Triggered by COVID-19
- Coronavirus risks: The importance of preparation
- Finance transformation: the human perspective
- Agile Finance Unleashed: The Key Traits of Digital Finance Leaders
- Re-inventing finance for a digital world
- Robotic Process Automation: the next big thing