Are you interested in speaking to high school or college students about joining the accounting profession? You've come to the right place!
The AICPA conducted discussion groups with students, staff and volunteers to find out how you can most effectively connect with future accounting professionals. And we used those insights to create resources to make your presentation as smooth as possible.
Who should use the toolkit?
- AICPA staff
- AICPA volunteers
- State CPA society staff and volunteers
- Accounting faculty
To help you prepare for your presentation or discussion we've created a guidebook that includes all the findings from our discussion groups.
Inside the Student Engagement Guidebook you will find the following items:
- Tips to help prepare for the presentation.
- Tips to connect with students.
- Tips on diversity and inclusion.
Below are the AICPA's standard presentations for high school students and college students. We also have a general presentation about the accounting profession.
You may choose the slides that best fit your target audience and help you accomplish your presentation purpose.
- ThisWayToCPA - intended for college students
- Start Here, Go Places. - intended for high school students
- Accounting Primer Presentation (high school students)- intended to provide an overview of the profession
- Accounting Primer Presentation (college students) - intended to provide an overview of the profession